30 Jul OUTHOUSE RACE, Saturday, October 16, 2021, ~ FOOTHILLS FESTIVAL 2021
Clinton County Chamber of Commerce Presents the Great Outhouse Race
Saturday, October 16, 2021 @ 12:30 PM
The race will be run in heats with three (3) entries in each heat. Rules for the race are as follows:
- The outhouse must weigh a minimum of 75 pounds.
- The outhouse can be set on a platform with wheels not to exceed 12 inches in diameter.
- The outhouse’s rider must weigh at least 110 pounds.
- Each team must have three (3) people pushing and pulling the outhouse and one (1) person riding inside. There will be one (1) person on each side and one (1) person pushing from behind. Total of four (4) people per team.
- Ropes or straps may be attached to pull the outhouse. These may not exceed two (2) feet. Attached bars may be used instead of ropes.
- Toilet seat is required.
- Only one category.
- Participants must be ages 16 & over.
- Costumes are encouraged.
- Chamber decal stickers will be handed out when the application is turned in. Outhouses must have the decals on them during the race.
- Entry Fee: $20 per outhouse.
There will be a $250 grand prize along with a traveling trophy!
Trophies will be given out for the most creative outhouse and the most creative costume.
Applications may be picked up and dropped off at the Welcome Center. Applications will be accepted until Thursday, October 14th at 4:30.
JUDGES WILL BE FROM OUT OF COUNTY.
Contact: Chamber of Commerce at (606) 387-2051.